View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunodosoma View Post
OK, I quizzed one of my sons who had a similar problem with his Nook. We used the latest version of esfile explorer (160.0.0.1) on my PE to turn on root privileges and delete phone.apk and telephony.apk from the system folder. After a power cycle the "eDGe idle" entry in the battery use table is just 4% instead of 78%. I'll see if this translates to longer battery life. My son said it gave him a couple more hours on his rooted Nook.
hrmm.. I'm curious as to how you guys are deleting these files. I was able to copy my phone.apk and telephony.apk files to a 'backup' directory but I am unable to delete them. I'm assuming it's because they are system files but I can find no way to change their permissions.

What am I missing here?
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote