View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #15
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Some companies tend to run skeleton crews anymore. I used to work retail, with my last job being with Toys R Us, and it wasn't uncommon to have only 1 or 2 people man the entire sales floor outside of the Christmas season. When you have so few people, it is hard to keep a place clean. Is it the fault of the employee? Not really, but definitely the blame goes to the store.

Best Buy around here seems to go in circles. Sometimes they're staffed with tons of slackers who seem to get pissed if you ask for their assistance, and others they pester you incessantly. I guess they are lax on the employees until they get a bunch of complaints, and then slack off again when corporate is happy. When you staff mostly younger people, especially High School age, you have to be firm with them to make sure they are productive. While it is unfair to group people simply by age, it seems the youngest generation of workers are usually slackers until they mature some.

In regards to the demos, it seems they get abused the most in department stores. It appears at times that people try to destroy stuff in department stores, where as specialty stores like the book stores, people usually take better care of the demos.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote