View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Can I safely charge my Kindle 3 or Kindle DXG with my smartphone wall adapter?

I posted this one as part of an old thread but it certainly looks like was a too old thread. Trying with a new one:

Cannot find my Kindle 3 wall adapter (I do have the USB cable though) can I safely charge my Kindle 3 or Kindle DXG with my HTC HD2 wall adapter?

Here are the details:

HTC HD2
Output 5.0 Volts, 1 Amps

Kindle 3 (I think these are the standards)
Output 4.9 Volts, 0.85 Amps

If I recall well and from my old University books as long as voltage is close enough (and current same or more) there should be no issues. Can anyone confirm or denying?

Thanks in advance,