View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Iread
Iread began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Ectaco JetBook Lite
Translation Dictionary Feature

I have been watching prices on the JetBook and JetBook Lites, waiting to see what would happen to prices on or after Black Friday. I am especially interested in the feature that allows a word from a book to be translated from English to another language, as well as the ability to read books from other languages and translate words to English. I think these features would be very helpful in learning new languages.

I recently learned that the new Sony models have 10 translation dictionaries built-in. The Sony's are much more expensive than the JetBook Lite, but also have some note-taking features.

Does anyone have experience using the translation feature of either of these brands? Are there other brands that offer this feature as well? I believe that the new PRS 350, 650, and 950 are the only Sony models that offer this feature. Is that correct?

It may be awhile before I make a purchase. I need to spend as little as possible. NewEgg has had some excellent sales on the JetBook Lite and I think I would like the LCD screen, but I would prefer a 6" or even the 7" screen like the Sony PRS 950 if I could afford it. I'm hoping some of you will have used the translation dictionary feature of your ereaders and can give me some insight. Thank you in advance!!
Iread is offline   Reply With Quote