View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
It's funny what they focus on, isn't it? Despite some of the things being "nice to have", for the actual process of reading - which is what I spend the vast amount of time with the reader doing (the clue's in the name, I guess) - I'm only bothered about their last item - better contrast.
Well, for reading novels I agree. I've got no need for it on my Kindle that I just read novels in bed with.

For larger screen devices I'd use for my work reading, I want a touch screen--more specifically a stylus screen as I need to be able to highlight and jot notes in the margins etc.

But that's also moot as I don't want a reader for that purpose anyway. I want a tablet that can do that, as well as e-mail, internet, video etc.

So yeah, I don't see much need for touch screens on dedicated reader devices.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote