View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 03:26 AM   #10
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Just curious. Aren't ligatures dependent on the language being used? Do you have a database of all ligatures for all languages??
Some, but a lot of western languages uses the same ligatures. If you add the ligatures to the selection and they do not exist in the source, they of course will not be added. There is only a limited set of ligatures anyway, so it is not that big a list. Adding them will however help in preventing question marks in the text..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi

@Toxaris
Perusing through the text, with the finger extended, looking for italic or bold characters, is not an option for me. I had hoped there could exist some kind of automatic tool to do it. Anyway, if I compare the size obtained for the 120 characters of the regular font (58k) and I presume it would be the same for the italic font if I proceed from the same 120 characters, it still compares with advantage to the 166k and 129k I obtain by other means.
True, but I don't do it with the finger of course, but by analyzing the text. It is usually quite fast, depending on the size of the source. To be honest I am thinking about removing this part, as it usually does not save as much space as the usual suspects are almost always there.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote