View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #67
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Spent the drive from Medford, Oregon to Portland trying all kinds of searches to no avail, and since a lot of this thread is about apps, I'll toss the question out here. Actually, spent the time playing with my new iPad bought in Medford. Was contemplating nook color as a secondary reader in the dark, but also an iPhone when my contract expired, with a geocaching app. Took the Best Buy price reduction (and no sales tax)as a sign from heaven (read " excuse") to fill the bill, since an iPad 3G is just a giant iPhone without the phone part.

Anyway. I found the answer to my own question in Aug 10 that a nook book can be shared (as opposed to "loaned") by either copying via a thumb drive or emailing to another person with a nook or Nook for PC/Mac. When it is brought into the target program, the CC# and original name is typed in. From then on books can be shared w/o the CC#/name.

My question is whether there is a way for this to work getting a B&N book into the iPad Nook app? Or is sharing a single B&N acct the only way to put the bok on both iPads?

A shared acct is no biggie, since I have never bought an eBook on my acct. Naturally, the other way is to share books, since I am a fast reader. Which raisesits own question: Can Nook books be loaned from one iPad nook app to another? My presumption is that the "loan" is done between nook accts, not actual devices.

Thanks for any clarity added.

Last edited by eGeezer; 03-14-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Clarify iPad 3G for the detail-oriented
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote