View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
How did you start reading?

On another thread I was recommending a book to a younger reader. That got me thinking about the first few books that I had read because I wanted to.

The first was Catseye by Andre Norton from the library.

The second was Doc Savage - The Man Of Bronze. I spent my own money. I think that it took almost an hour to decide what book to buy.

Hooked.

I'm not saying that these are the best book that I have ever read, but they are THE BOOKS that started it all. Those read for class work didn't attract me.

Anyone else remember the book/books that got you started?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub notes
I am dyslexic and back then it took one hour to read from the top of one page to the bottom of the other side! With all of the reading over the years I have gotten to the point where I can read a really good (short) book in a day or two.

I also used to stutter. I cured that by reading out loud to myself. That was also motivation to continue reading.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote