Thread: How Books Work
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #48
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Yes, it was a judgment call, and I take responsibility for it; but it's hardly censorship, nor was it done as a punitive measure. No one was threatened, no one was warned, and no one was punished. And those who still wish to view the artwork can follow the link I provided.
That was my problem and why I was speaking of censorship: no one of us behaved "wrongly", a moderator didn't interfere because of any "mistake" of a member here but because a piece of artwork that has been quoted contained a four-letter-word (in the background, it was not its message). But art should have every right, it may bring us joy, but it also should make us uncomfortable if necessary. Will you forbid the quote of some works by Goya or Picasso or someone similar too?

But, Tom, please blame part of my criticism on cultural differences. I really can't imagine such a scenario at work with Emma Prude and Stanley Staunch being possible over here, so I didn't think of this side of the story. Sorry and thanks for pointing this out.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote