View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
How are you deleting this book?
When you delete book from your Kobo book is still in trash folder until you empty trash. Book is still in Kobo readers data base until Kobo updates it's data base.
I delete it by selecting the book on the reader and "clicking" delete. There is no file to delete over usb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In that case, I think you should blow everything away and start again.
You mean just delete the KoboReader.sqlite file? If so, shouldn't that already be happening in a factory reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Does the font get remembered the next time you open the dialog? The font settings are stored in a config file. I'm wondering if this is being updated correctly. With recent firmware, the settings are also stored per book in the database.

The only thing I can think of is that the new firmware isn't installing properly. You could try manually installing the firmware on top of the current install. Kobo have suggested this a couple of times to solve problems.
The settings do seem to be remembered. While checking this today, the behavior changed. Text now shows up, but only in the top left corner, as if it is zoomed out. I can change the font size and it flashes a normal text-filled screen, only to quickly "zoom" back out.

I'll do a manual firmware install later today (I'm at college and don't have time now) and post the results.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote