View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@itimpi, I hoped my "etc, Quality Check, etc" would have conveyed that I wasn't being prescriptive.

br
OK - but I was pointing out that only some actions actually update the metadata and cover embedded inside the book. Your process would fail if one of these has not been done.

My suggestion of dragging direct from the Book List eliminates a step, and also ensures that Calibre will try and update the embedded metadata and/or cover as it saves the file to disk. Taking the file directly from inside the Calibre library as your process suggests does not do this.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote