View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith65 View Post
In the manifest section, I see this:
Code:
<item href="toc.ncx" id="ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" />
and below the manifest section, there's:

Code:
<spine toc="ncx">
My client wants the TOC to appear in pieces within the document. It's a recipe book, so she doesn't want the 80 recipes taking up so much space at the top of the document. Can I toggle off the "usual" TOC that way, so that my custom links (described above) will be the only TOC-like feature in the book?
Are you making an ePub or Mobipocket eBook? How the ToC works depends on what format this will eventually be.

In an ePub eBook, the ToC is the NCX file and is outside of the eBook with a link to display it. An NCX ToC supports levels so you can have like desserts and then under that, all the dessert recipes.

With a Mobipocket eBook, the ToC is a page or pages of links inside the eBook. No levels. So you will be needing at least three screen's worth of ToC entries for a cookbook with 80 recipes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote