View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockmaker View Post
I have tried about 5 times (with or without tags) to make a catalog of my rather large library; but without success.
What version of calibre are you using?

How big is a "rather large library" 600? 6000? 16000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockmaker View Post
The database file is about 14 MB. Is there a limit on the size of the library? It appears that Catalog data is all used within the Ram. I am running it on 4 core (Intel 9300) machine with 4 GB of Ram. OR am I doing something wrong.
I just created a epub catalog using calibre 0.7.22, Windows XP sp3, 3.5 Gigs of memory with a Core 2 Duo processor.

My library has 4011 books, 959 Authors, 469 Series and 740 tags. It took about 30 minutes.

You might want to check out the first post of the Creating Catalogs sticky thread for information about catalogs and how to proceed from here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote