View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
If I had to rate Torch I would give it (i.e., 3 out of 5); Crown of Slaves was a (5 out of 5).
You liked Crown of Slaves that much? When I read it, if I remember the book correctly, it didn't even seem to fit into the Honorverse at all. If it weren't for the shared character names I might have thought it belonged to a completely different series. I don't know if that was because it had more Eric Flint and less David Weber, or if they decided to take a slightly different tone since the focus wasn't on Honor Harrington, but I felt let down by the book.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote