View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
I've started reading eBooks in 2000 on Pocket PCs. I've stopped in 2005 for some time. In 2007, I wanted to re-start. Pocket PCs more or less are "dead", so I've googled for "ebook reader" and found "Mobileread".
#1: I've decided for iRex iLiad because of the posts I've found here. My iLiad was stolen in 2008, so I HAD to re-order it.
#2: Having been a huge fan of eInk already, I HAD to order the Sony 505 in parallel to my 2nd iLiad.
#3: Having the Sony 505, of course I HAD to go for the Sony 700.
#4: I've read great reviews for the Cybook Gen3 and (because of iLiad) already had owned lots of Mobipocket books.
#5: The Bebook I chose because of the biggest variance of formats so far.
#6: The iRex 1000s seemed to be a logical successor for the iRex iLiad.
#7: I'm an admirer of Amazon's success and wanted to see for myself.
#8: Loving the Kindle 2, I HAD to go for the Kindle DX as well.

My reading habits fluctuate quite heavily. Sometimes, I'm reading one book per day, sometimes I don't read any book at all for weeks.
So far, I've bought roughly:
600 .lit
400 .prc
250 .lrx
150 .epub
100 .azw
So, actually my invest in the readers isn't that important, comparing to the invest in books.
Usually, I purchase the books I intend to read.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote