View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #32
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
Not being a phone I think most think of the Touch as a fancy mp3 player and not a 'serious' device.
Wrong wrong wrong. The phone part is nice, but the Touch has all the essential stuff. A Touch is just the iPhone without the phone - and even then, with all the free wifi around, you can actually get phone connectivity via skype, and of course, internet connectivity here & there.

What the Touch really is, is an extension of your home computer. Think of it as a speedboat for your yacht! When you head off in the speedboat, you just take along the essentials, depending on your destination.

Quote:
Plus, I have been thinking about the price. I would never be happy with anything less than a 32g and the real price of that with tax, extended warranty, protective case, and a smattering of apps would be clost to $600. And that is way way to much for a little pocket entertainment device. Period. On the other hand paying over $300 to read books I can continue to read at no additional cost on paper is a tough call as well considering the device does nothing else.
Yeah, price is a problem. You could probably survive with a 16g, though, if you do a bit of management once a week. You don't need the extended warranty. You are more likely to lose or drop it than to have something go wrong that the warranty covers. My rule is that I only buy warranties for laptops. Apps cost little or nothing. The ebook apps are all free.

But you are still looking at 400 bucks, with a case plus taxes.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote