View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I want to keep all my ebooks. That means no DRM or stripping the DRM.

If I didn't want to keep the ebooks, I'd look into library membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Having no DRM in your ebooks is the best situation that can occur but I am trying to decide whether it is a major issue if ebooks are DRMed.
For music the answer is easy because you listen to purchased music many times over many years on a number of different devices(CD , mp3 player etc) it makes sense to have no DRM.
But for Ebooks, I read it once then delete it from my reader and will probably never read it again. It is the same with paperbacks I used to buy. Throw them in the cupboard after I finished reading them.
Should I really care that I may not be able to redownload it in a few years time?
I reckon I may even consider lower prices for ebooks that perhaps expired 1 year after purchase.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote