View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Maseles View Post
I'm leaning toward converting to eReader from an HTML document so that the hyperlinks will export and I can also use the HTML version for something else, like Mobi. Has anyone else done this? What was your experience?
I can't speak as a publisher / e-book seller, but from a pure technology standpoint that's the approach I'd recommend. From HTML you can go to every one of the current popular e-book formats. There are two caveats to that though. First, you currently need to use different tools, which will frequently treat the same source content different; I'm working on solving that problem with format support in calibre, but it's still a way off. Second, at this moment in time I think the only tool which can convert from HTML to eReader is OpenOffice.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote