View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
vikingblade
vikingblade began at the beginning.

thnx guys... as far as pdf...i can save/convert a pdf file to a .txt file. cant this .txt file then just be converted to imp...

of course, most everything i wanted to read on the 1150 isnt available in imp. ebookwise new book selection is... pitiful. i dunno bout you guys, but im not spending 100 bucks to read dracula, three musketeers, or art of war. im interested in modern best sellers.

i really, really cant understand why this is so complicated. so many damn formats. i should be able to purchase a dedicated ebook reader device, buy ebooks and go... i can take an mp3 player, drop in mp3s from my pc and thats it. there isnt five different formats of digital music, different devices only using this or that. what is the freakin problem with ebooks. if they are ever going to become really popular, they better get on the same page.

SO...WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IF I WANNA READ THE LATEST EBOOKS... Which only seem to come in .pdf or .lit.... a pc, laptop... so much for portability. Any suggestions, should i just give up the ebook idea and stick with paperbacks.

What makes this so frustrating for me is... im disabled, in a wheelchair with limited hand control. turning pages is hard, holding books open is hard. an ebook reader is perfect for my needs.

Last edited by vikingblade; 06-14-2006 at 07:33 PM.
vikingblade is offline   Reply With Quote