View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #45
Drew0020
Connoisseur
Drew0020 doesn't litterDrew0020 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The truth lies somewhere in the middle, Jack.

There are devices with genuine faults (eg prominent pinholes or grossly misaligned screens). There are also people who look for problems in extreme conditions (eg at maximum brightness in a dark room). It's also true to say that some people are genuinely more sensitive to colour changes than others (or simply more bothered by them). What one person considers to be a "faulty" device another person might be perfectly happy with.

What is true to say is that the overwhelming majority of people who receive PWs are perfectly satisfied with them.
I agree that people sometimes look for faults, but the screen on any Paperwhite 2 should be perfect. By perfect I mean no pinholes at any brightness level, the screen should aligned properly which is not hard to do, and there should be no large pieces of dust on the screen.

I am not even talking about the color or evenness of the lighting. It seems Amazon can barely get the first 3 so I do not want to ask for too much. I personally would gladly pay more for the PW2 if these first 3 items would be addressed.

I really don't think those are unreasonable expectations of a device.
Drew0020 is offline   Reply With Quote