View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #13
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I am not sure that Mobipocket will take over even then... If it does, it will be because of Amazon's power to negotiate with publishers. If the numbers keep growing at the pace they are right now, I suspect that most people who want to read on their iphone will have downloaded eReader and Stanza by Christmas. It could make it very hard for Mobipocket to catch up. Certainly, I am not planning on using Mobipocket.. period.
The problem is that Mobipocket often has more new releases than eReader. I have a large library of Mobipocket books from my Palm and Winmo days but can't do anything with them on the iPhone.

There is a huge thread in the mobipocket forums of people begging for an iphone app and nothing but silence from the mobipocket devs. One user left a message claiming that the delay was due to deal for Mobi to be the exclusive/official ebook provider for the iPhone. Nice rumor, I guess...
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote