View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #931
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54321 View Post
Also my serial number starts with B024, as I see from reading past threads. I'd also like to make it clear I am applying the correct KUAL launcher file, the one for the PW, applying certs and rescue .bin files one at a time, etc.
Short answer: Read the "required" part of the top post.

Longer answer:
Open the spoiler titled:
Here is the list of things you must have installed. 4 In Total.

Install **all** files in the "prerequisites" bundle (one at a time). **Including** the "Kindlet Jailbreak".

The much longer answer:
You probably do not have everything installed that you thought you did, since ota updates where happening more or less at the same time, so - start over:
1) Turn on "airplane mode" - leave it turned on
2) Remove any Update_*.bin or Install_*.bin from user's USB storage area.
3) Put Amazon's version 5.3.4 firmware update.bin package on root of storage area, "update" back down to 5.3.4 (link to off-site archive of Amazon releases in the "Jailbreak" first post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29&postcount=1 ).
4) **LEAVE AIRPLANE MODE ENABLED**
5) Now open that blue spoiler and start following the directions. All of them.

Last edited by knc1; 07-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote