View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #65
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Joining the thread a bit late, but...

I've set two goals for the year, and am close to finishing the first while keeping pace with the second.

Goal 1a: Read and review at least 12 books that have been on my TBR stack for at least a year. The challenge allowed three alternates, for a total of 15 on the list.

Goal 1b: Read the "shadow list" of 14 more books that are sequels to the above list. (I don't have a handy Goodreads link for these.)

Goal 2: Read at least 150 books in calendar year 2013. The number's a little inflated due to graphic novels and short story "books" being in my stack, but the average page count shouldn't suffer much. Basically, if it's one EPUB or one set of covers, it's one book because Goodreads counts it that way. I don't have a formal list for this goal, because I prefer to read what I happen to be in the mood for at the time. However, my total to-read stack is right here; once I buy a book, it goes on that list.

Progress so far: 10/15, 7/14, and 24/150. That still puts me a book or two "down" for the year to date, but I'll make it up.

I'm also trying to limit my purchase of new dead-tree books, as ebooks are really handy. Amazon's kindly decided to "help" by canceling their long-running 4-for-3 MMPB deal. I'm also trying not to buy into new series, primarily for those physical-space reasons, but I've been relaxing that in the ebook realm when I find good deals. After all, ebooks don't take up space, and migrating dead-tree to electrons actually helps with the space problem. Also, if something goes horribly wrong and I can't afford to buy anything for a while, I'm set through about 2016...

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 03-03-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Added Goodreads links.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote