View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I think it's more common here for private consumers to pay electronically than for businesses to. At least in my experience. I personally pay all of my bills except one electronically, but none of them give a discount for doing so and one charges a small extra fee to do so.
But is that with you having to actually manually make the transfer via your online banking account? The point about Direct Debit is that the customer doesn't trigger the transfer - the company does. The customer doesn't need to do anything at all, after authorising the DD agreement in the first place. As far as I know, the US banking system doesn't have any equivalent of Direct Debit, as far as I'm aware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote