View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #5
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
I doubt that it will be less than $200, based on the Hanlin model using roughly the same technology (which is supposed to sell for about $300). This also has a larger screen and some extra features.
That may be a problem. However, if it's a pretty good web browser, the value might be there for $300. But that would mean that there would be some sort of input method (for URLs, userID/password entry, etc.).

Quote:
It also doesn't look like editing will be possible, unless there's a hidden stylus somewhere, and a virtual keyboard. I would think using those would be a pain, regardless.
Editing is a "nice to have", but not necessary. I was thinking of something like a virtual keyboard. The screen is large enough to have a finger-typable virtual keyboard. I'm not talking about for writing a novel, but rather for simple corrections of spelling and punctuation.

Quote:
Personally I don't care how much internal storage it has, but I hope that it supports some form of external flash card...
That's sort of what I was getting at. It needs to have enough storage to hold all the eBooks that the average person wants to have available. For slim formats (like HTML and text), you can fit alot of eBooks in a small space. But for bloated formats like PDF, you would need much more storage for the same number of eBooks.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote