View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
vaniaspeedy
Connoisseur
vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4 Touch
Generate eBook from Bookmarks Archive

Hello all. I regularly bookmark articles of interest to me, for later reference or easy access later. However, my reference folder is depended on those pages staying online and unchanged. I'd like to not only be able to download them for my records (which I already do), but also compile them into an eBook for easier reading and convenience. Here's the layout:

Abstract goal - turn some subset of my bookmarks into a logically structured ebook.

Specific Solution
1. Export bookmarks to html, then use a program such wget or httrack to download all of the the raw html files
2. Filter the html files - removing comments, ads, and extra fluff.
3. Using the html index from (1), with each link pointing to a cleaned html file, compile an ebook with a TOC, possibly recreating the folder structure of my bookmarks.

Main roadblocks:
- for (2) - I'm not sure how to do this. Any ideas for tools?
- for (3) - I need to find a way to preserve my folder structure.

I'd love some comments on the overall plan, which tools to use, and general feedback. Thanks!
vaniaspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote