View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #86
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Do you purchase through a VPN? Unless you appear to be purchasing from the U.S. or have your device registered in the U.S. and appear to be an American purchasing while abroad, you may purchase from Amazon.com and it show a different publisher. It's technically a different publisher even though "Transworld Publishers Inc. is a British publishing division of Random House." (Wiki) Different contracts, different pricing, etc...
This is then kind of absurd. I am not allowed to buy books from Amazon UK but I am allowed to buy books by British publishers from Amazon US. I had assumed that I bought US editions when buying from Amazon US.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote