View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #66
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I also had the Kobo apologists jumping at me- people get very protective of their ereaders.
So what explains the fact that a quick check of the first page of people who don't think the OP should be given a gift card she didn't pay for shows only one person who has a Kobo at all, and even that person also has a Kindle? In fact, in five pages of this thread, there are only two people who own Kobo ereaders? (yeah, I checked)

We have people here with just about everything you can read an ebook on (21 types of devices, of which 20 are not Kobos). We have people from all over the world (7 countries that I count). We have people who've been here for years and people who just joined. We have people who buy DRM-locked ebooks without a second thought and people who rail against them (um, like me). By my count we have 26 separate posters who share (roughly) an opinion, something that rarely happens in MobileRead, and that opinion is "no, accidentally double-clicking the "buy" button does not entitle the OP to a free $50 from Kobo."

I don't doubt that their customer service sucks. But that still doesn't entitle the OP to a free gift card -- specifically, one she canceled payment on. And it still seems very strange that the OP's mother would insist on it. (mine, being a very polite person, would have said "oh, you spent too much!" on the original, even if it was for $10, and been scandalized if I'd demanded a free one too)
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote