Thread: PRS-500 RasterFarian 2.5 Beta
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #183
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalman View Post
I am using the fixed version of Rasterfarian 2.5 and I have noticed a couple of problems:

1) If I spawn more than one thread there is a chance the concurrent processes will "trample over" each other, I suspect overwriting certain temporary files in common or such and it will cause the entire conversion to fail.

2) If I enqueue several instances of pdfrasterfarian then there is a chance the latter processes, when they start, will somehow mess up the completion of the earlier processes (again, overwriting common temporary files or something similar) and no LRF file will actually be created by the earlier processes. It does not happen consistently, just sometimes.

2a) In regards to bug #2, another consequence is that even when the LRF files are created, they will often have no Table of Contents (TOC) or sometimes the wrong TOC (from an entirely different PDF file). So this must be the result of some common file that stores the TOC data being overwritten/erased.

It's too bad about these bugs since it makes it necessary to babysit the program and launch new ones as the old ones finish rather than queuing them up if you want the results to be reliable.

Thank you very much for the program though! Aside from those bugs it is the most efficient program for creating LRF files that I've seen and it creates the smallest files out of any of them!
the enqueue option is indeed not working. That is because when you enqueue another task, the current working TOC will be overwritten. It's a bug I've noticed already, but didn't fix it and the author has abandonned the development.