View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim8fury
This needs to be ported as a reader application to all mobile devices. In my opinion the e-book industry needs a single format to put the majority of its weight behind. This could be it if they can satisfy publishers with DRM concerns and consumers with device interoperability concerns then the format could go a long way.
They are planning to support mobile devices in the long run. Bill McCoy from Adobe told me that according to their research (and I think they get it directly from the publishers), the majority of people who read e-books today are still using their laptops (think of public libraries where you can check out e-books to your computer). But he also said that if you look to Japan, where most cell phones already feature high-res displays, people tend to use their mobile devices more and more frequently for reading e-books.

It's definitely on Adobe's agenda to support mobile devices soon.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote