View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #22
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
My Unicomp buckling spring series M-type keyboard was delivered this week and I am a very happy man. It's maybe not quite as "solid" as the original, but it is very solid. It's big and heavy and quite rigid. The keys have a positive feel and do not register a stroke until they click. Neither bells nor whistles. It has already made me a better typist because it makes fewer typos than my previous keyboard with the Cherry Blue switches.

All I need it for is typing. I don't use it for gaming. It just sits in the drawer of my desk waiting for me to use it. No backlighting or lighted keys.

I don't know how it compares to your favorite typewriter, BookCat, but if you used any of the first IBM PCs they probably had a keyboard very similar to this. Before keyboards got cheap and squishy.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote