View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykiwi View Post
I've been wanting this for a long time to try to help wrangle my non-fiction books, so thank you!

I have a couple of ideas/feature suggestions which you should of course feel free to ignore.

- could the ddc column be optionally hierarchal? Since the DDC is, and conveniently already has a . in it, that would be pretty neat.
- Firstly thank you for making the dialog box non-modal, but once it's set up, is there any need to show the dialog every time? I'm thinking once you've configured the columns etc the first time, perhaps it could work like the count pages plugin, where you can set the button to run a default action when you click it, and it offers alternatives on right click on the toolbar icon.
- This one's probably a big ask, but most e-books have the LC/DDC info in the frontmatter. I always meant to ask the ISBN scanner plugin author if he could get that to pull the library codes out of there while it's looking for ISBN's, perhaps you could do the other way around instead?

In general, thanks very much for this plugin, it's pretty solid for a first release (and I can crash about anything but haven't broken this yet) and does exactly as advertised, and the few books I've had that failed to pull info were either ancient and obscure, or had dodgy ISBN's (box set ISBN vs individual volumes, etc.)

@Krazykiwi:

You can manually change the ddc and lcc columns in "Calibre > Preferences > Add your own columns" to be "partitioned" however you please.

Good suggestions. I'll consider them.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote