View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3/DVP11
I'm hoping that the control of formatting remains somewhat in the hands of the viewer, rather than in the hands of the content creator. For example, we are now able to manage the html and manipulate it. What if everything turns into flash components and we can't manage what it looks like or how much bandwidth and cpu it takes? Or if they want to make us watch intrusive advertising before we can see any text? Even if that ad is in mobie rendering format, I'm not going to like it.

Again, it's the battle between control of content and the ways it gets used (so they can suck money and attention out of the viewer), versus the public which is the content users. I think laws should support the overall good, not overprotect a few select content producers and distributers. I'm not convinced that no one will create artistic or useful content if they can't make big bucks off of it. And if content availability falls off slightly, but I get all the rest of it cheaper or free, who cares!

I really am opinionated this week, aren't I? Must be stress working its way out!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote