View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #1
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Burning Fictionwise balance recommendations?

So I'm wary of FW not working out, but unfortunately for me (and many others), I spent a good deal of $$$ on books and have a fairly large micropay balance ($60). At the beginning of the year I had a large list of "books I'd like to read when I have time so I'll buy them later" but now most of them are gone.

Any good recommendations of books they still have that are worth buying? I typically go for SF/Fantasy, have NO interest in Romance/Erotica. I was thinking of buying the Foundation Series by Asimov (anyone read it?). But other than my particular interests, it thought it would be fun/useful to start a thread just giving "cream of the crop" recommendations for their remaining ebook "stock."

So here's my contribution: Robin Hobb for Fantasy. I love her character development and highly recommend her Liveship Traders series. The Farseer Trilogy is good as well, but it is limited to 1st person vs. the Liveship Traders which gives her more freedom in 3rd person. I originally bought her books on blind faith given the high reviews on FW... and I'm sure glad I did!
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote