View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #27
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm. well, that does sound thrilling, naturally. i just don't see why it would prevent you from publishing your story. i feel quite sure you and Mister Jack Higgins can peacefully co-exist in the same reality. (and if not, well, don't forget my offer a couple of posts higher up).
Oh we can co-exist alright, but my Dad's reaction to Jack Higgins turned a few switches on inside my head. My Dad is nearly 70 and his eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning when I mentioned I was hunting down the Sean Dillon hardbacks for him. Then I thought about that and about writing and I realised I'd been doing it wrong all these years...I was missing the most important thing, the only legacy any writer can truly leave behind...CHARACTER!!!

Sherlock Holmes, Miss Marple, Alex Cross, Atticus Finch, Tom Joad, Sam Spade, Philip Marlowe....long after Conan Doyle, Steinbeck and Hammett are historical footnotes, the characters will live on.

So I'm thinking about going back to where I began; with thrillers, with mysteries and sleuths and all the rest.

Curse you Jack Higgins you magnificent bastard!!!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote