View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
I agree that "absolutely love" is far too strong a sentiment to attach to the vast majority of books I've read or ever expect to. My general reaction is "that was okay; what next?" with 'fun' or similar terms sometimes substituting for 'okay'. As long as my reaction wasn't "that was a chore" or "I'll never read anything by this author again" I'm pretty much satisfied.

By "absolutely love" standards, I'd expect most people to deserve refunds for most books. Whether they'd bother with a refund process is another thing. I'd probably flip "didn't absolutely love" and tone down "no questions" in the offer, maybe to "if you disliked the book, tell us why and get another selection free". It lowers expectations, and the minimal extra effort involved means the offer is less likely to be abused.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote