View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #413
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
(snip)
And I'd like to edit your post just a little........"any brand ebook reader is worth eating ramen for".........
True. I wasn't very tempted by the Sony because I'm a Mac user and I read that the Sony store wouldn't work with Macs. But there are lots of good e-book readers out there, and other people's needs won't necessarily match mine.

When I sit down and think about the number of free books (publisher's promos, CC licenses, Project Gutenberg books) that I've gotten because of the Kindle, I realize it was a good deal for more than just the convenience, too.

But I have to admit the up-front cost is a little daunting.