View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #2803
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post

Carl Sagan was an advocate for the legalization of marijuana.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3367112.html
I've known that for years, having first seen clues in some of the footnotes in his books* then hearing that his biographer said he was a frequent user, but most of all from the discovery that his third wife and widow, Ann Druyan, sat on the Board of Directors of NORML.

And while the video is a spoof, as much as Neil DeGrasse Tyson idolizes Sagan, I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover there's a gram of truth in that humor (pun intended).

* "I've been to some parties like that" or something similar, and the speculation in another one of his works that the reason people tend to appreciate music and art so much more which under the influence of marijuana is not because marijuana stimulates the right half of the brain but because it represses the left side of the brain, thus allowing users to experience the activity of the right side unhindered much as night allows us to see the stars, which, although present in the sky at all times, are only visible when there's no light from the sun to block our view.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-30-2014 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Typo and added footnote.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote