View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #164
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Sold my Chromebook Pixel

I've sold my Chromebook Pixel.
I've got more or less my original buying price - good timing.

I rarely sell any gadgets.
Why this one?
It was a tough decision.
In general, I love the concept.
But:
I don't have any use for the keyboard.
After all: What apps would I use to be productive?
You certainly can work office documents. But I can do this in much more depth on a Mac or Windows PC.
So, without much use for the keyboard, it's mainly about surfing the web.
It's working great of course.
But: I rarely use the touchscreen. It's awkward to grab over the keyboard. Way more efficient to just use the (phantastic) touchpad instead.
For my personal usage pattern, I've got a problem then:
I have my MacBook Air next to me on the sofa. Where to put another laptop?
So I put it on the backrest of the sofa. Not very convenient.
I very much prefer, simply holding a tablet.
Why did I hesitate then, to sell the Chromebook Pixel?
For one, the design is phantastic. Even more elegant and stylish than MacBooks.
The display is great as well, although the support in the OS is a bit awkward. I won't go into details, you can Google it. Basically, you can't perfectly scale.

I've ordered a Surface 2 Pro 128GB for the money I've got.
In addition, I already had pre-ordered the Surface 2 Pro 256GB version.
Why both?
I want to have the additional RAM of the 256GB version. But it's only available in 2 months here in Germany.
Maybe I'll sell the 128GB version (which should be here in a week) in 2 months, maybe I'll keep it...

If Google gets rid of the keyboard and sells a Chromebook Pixel Tablet instead, I'll buy it in an instant.

Last edited by mgmueller; 10-17-2013 at 10:51 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote