View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, Jad
To answer your questions and suggestions in turn:

- I'm using version 9.13 and the Win32 binary gui

- I don't think I've done an update recently; though there may have been some automatic updates that I don't know about. I did notice after my post that Windows XP was getting slow and jerky and when I tried to reboot there was an error message that cmd.exe was not responding. I've cleaned up the registry with Uniblue registry cleaner and it has happened again.

- I'm afraid I don't know the syntax for using the mobi2mobi from the cmd prompt. Could you point me to instructions for this please?

Regards, Alex
The procedure for using Mobi2Mobi from the command prompt is as follows:
Open the DOS command prompt window.
Change to the directory where your book is located. I.e. cd desktop\ebooks (or whatever other folder where you have stored the book) cd is the DOS command for change directory.
The syntax for Mobi2mobi is:
Mobi2Mobi "name of book" --outfile "new or same name for book"
--author "optional" --title "optional" I believe that Tommy recommends that you rename the book, but I usually don't.

I have the Mobi2mobi.exe file in my book directory, so I don't have to worry about adding the path to my system.

Should work like a charm. I use it all the time since I never could be the GUI version to work.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote