View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyria View Post
Ok, I think I have figured it out. Both books were on my reader already and then I deleted them when I connected it to the PC with the USB cable. Then I put an edited version of them on the Kobo again. I still have no idea why I can only do both steps when I connect the reader for the second time but apparently these are the only cases this happens so it's not random and I can live with that.
How did you delete them, and how did you put the book on the device again? And what firmware version are you using?

If you did everything through calibre, then it should manage this correctly. It removes the entries from the database and deletes the file. But, depending on the changes you made to the book, you can avoid the delete and just send the book over again.

If you deleted the book while connected via USB, and then copied a new version over manually (using explorer or whatever), then I would expect the book to disappear from the device when it is disconnected. The device stores the size of the book in its database, and if the books size changes, removes the book from the database and device. There may be other criteria the device uses, but that is the one I fixed in calibre recently.

There has also been a firmware version where if you deleted an book using the devices menus, then you couldn't put a new version on until you did a sync to Kobo. But, I didn't think the Glo ever ran this firmware version.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote