View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 04:35 AM   #530
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
I think the correct phrase would be "up until now, authors have needed publishers, and digital distribution might change that or the ways in which they need them, who knows". Again, you can't keep treating the digital domain as an exact analogue of the physical domain. I don't think that publishers are necessarily irrelevant, but that their role and profit model will necessarily change.
I think personally that it's printers and physical bookstores who are "threatened" by digital distribution. I honestly don't see the role of the publisher as being too much different in the digital age - books will still need editing, publicising, etc. What part of the publisher's role do you see as being different in digital rather than paper distribution?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote