Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #216
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
My daughter wants me to buy her a Nexus 7 when I am in the USA next month. Looks very good, but I have read about build problems, with the screen coming up in the corner and with screen touch responsiveness (being stuck in the lock screen?). And with color fading over time (something to do with calibration, not hardware, but I don't know if it is user-fixable by a medium-techie).

I am hoping that by January, these problems will be addressed by Asus and the newer models will be better. Anyone having these issues? Trying to exchange/return a US-purchased device while in Europe would be a difficult and expensive procedure.

I wonder if I stand a better chance of a newer(best quality) model by ordering direct from Google, or by going to a retail store? If retail, what store do you recommend for easy exchanges? There are Best Buy, Office Dept, Staples and all of the big stores where I am going in Florida. I'll have a couple of weeks only to purchase and try it out and exchange it if there are problems.

Thanks for any advice!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote