View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #728
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
My plans for next year is to keep tracking what I read. After reviewing the list of what I've read this year so far I noticed I've not read any classics or many non-fiction books. So, for next year I plan to read at least 1 classic a month (or a total of 12 during the year) and 6 non-fiction books.

I've selected 15 classics I can choose from, because I've read a lot of classics at university I've limited myself to either classics I haven't read yet or ones I've read before my second year at university:

1. Middlemarch - George Eliot
2. Lark Rise to Candleford - Flora Jane Thompson
3. The Circular Staircase - Mary Roberts Rinehart
4. Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe
5. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
6. A Midsummer Night's Dream - Wiliam Shakespeare
7. A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
8. A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
9. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
10. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
11. Beloved - Toni Morrison
12. The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
13. The Color Purple - Alice Walker
14. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcie Márquez
15. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote

I haven't selected any non-fiction books, I've got quite a few on my TBR list so I'm just going to see what I feel like reading when I want to read a non-fiction book.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote