View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Faux Folders Found for Mobipocket

I wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

The Kindle, like any other Mobipocket device, does not support folders in the menu. One thing it can do that's close to a folder is group various issues of a magazine or newspaper under a single title. If you select it, you will see all the issues of that periodical. This is very similar to "Collections" on the Sony Reader.

You might not know about MobiPerl. It's a pretty good Mobi ebook publisher, written in Perl. If you use it to change several Mobi ebooks to the same title (say "Honorverse") and change the booktype to "NEWS", the changed ebooks will appear to be in a folder titled Honorverse. The exact command is discussed here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...672#post192672

Here's why I wanted everyone to know about this: Does your Mobipocket device support this feature? I want everyone to try it. I would, but I'm still learning how to run MobiPerl. Could someone post a set of modified ebooks for those who don't know how to use MobiPerl?

Does MobiDesktop support this? How about the Blackberry? Cybook?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote