View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #190
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
It seems that there is some sort of memory leak in soPdf.
I'm trying to process this PDF file with it (i believe this is a prepress of this book; it contains text, not just scanned images). The file is not that huge, it is just 30MB/632pp.
However, when i'm trying to process it with soPdf with default parameters, soPdf eats about 20MB of RAM per page, up to 2GB (which is Windows limit for 32-bit processes i believe), when it dies with the following message:
Quote:
penartur@X220 D:\penartur\Downloads\software\soPdf# soPdf.exe -i 361810.pdf -o "Abel, Bernanke. Macroeconomy.pdf"

soPdf ver 0.1 alpha Rev 12
A program to reformat pdf file for sony reader

Input : 361810.pdf
Output: Abel, Bernanke. Macroeconomy.pdf

Processing input page : 102warning: cannot realloc 16777216 bytes
Error: .\processPdf.cpp(403) : processErrorPage() - Cannot process page 102
Error: .\mupdf\pdf_page.c(241) : pdf_loadpage() - cannot load page resources
Error: .\mupdf\pdf_resources.c(430) : pdf_loadresources() - cannot load xobject resource
Error: .\mupdf\pdf_resources.c(165) : preloadxobject() - cannot load image resource 471
Error: .\mupdf\pdf_stream.c(510) : pdf_loadstream() - cannot load stream into buffer (471)
Error: .\stream\stm_misc.c(103) : fz_readall() - cannot resize scratch buffer
Error: .\stream\stm_buffer.c(83) : fz_growbuffer() - outofmem: resize buffer memory
As you can see, it only processed 1/6th of a book before its death; so, in order to process the entire book, one would need x64 binaries and 12GB or more of free RAM, which seems ridiculous... or to fix that memory leak someway.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote