View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #99
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Seems to me, if I insist on tagging anything for a specific format, one thing would be just to have a new rule: 1 record per format. Which doesn't seem very KISSy.

So I don't wanna whine (there's no crying in…) but I really liked converting everything to epub before and deleting everything else except one cleaned up epub, because that equated the format level to the record level and made it simple.
This just reminded me (old age is hell) of an issue I saw in dot3:

JIT (just in time) conversion workflow does not allow for fine tuning of each format. You get what the converter sends you.
Calibre only remembers the last used format, book unique, settings. For different (from the stored) formats, you just get the one in Preferences.