View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
S3ZAi
S3ZAi began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket
convert pdf to epub problem

Hi, I have a pdf book which shows two pages next to each other, as if it is a scan or copy of a real book, but as far as I can see it's a real e-book, so not a scan. Anyway, I have a 5 inch sony reader, the prs 350, and it's impossible to read on my screen, even with a magnifying glass and changing the letter size doesn't work either.

So I tried to convert it to epub, but the end result is as if the left page and right page are continous, so the sentences of the left page are interleaved with the sentences of the right page, which is a total gibberish. So the question is: is there a way for me to tell calibre to first take the left side and make it into a page and then to take the right side and put it under the left page?

Also, I saw an option to delete automatically headers and footers within a text, this would be quite handy too, but I don't understand what I should do there to achieve this. Should I type the header or footer calibre should look for and delete? Any help is appreciated, also, if there is a faq or something, please point me in the right direction.
S3ZAi is offline   Reply With Quote