View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent23 View Post
Okay, I find it odd that some of Amazon's purchased eBooks will have alignment options when using the Android or iOS Kindle app to read, and yet the same eBook version on my eInk Kindle has no such option.

For example, Andy Weirs' The Martian: A Novel eBook is listed on Amazon as containing enhanced typesetting. Which is true, because I can change from a ragged right edge to justified without issue on my Android and iOS tablets in the Kindle app. And yet, when I load up the eBook on my eInk Oasis 2 or Voyage, the ragged right option is greyed out.

I have checked to see if there is an update for the book on my "Manage Your Content and Devices" page in my account settings, and there isn't one. Not sure how to get my eInk Kindles to recognize that specific advanced typesetting option.

I am also a bit peeved that we can't trust the Kindle store to accurately tell us whether an eBook offers such advanced typesetting options for our eInk Kindles, as it is apparently a crapshoot.

Just to be clear, The Martian is not the only eBook that I run into this issue with. In my opinion Amazon needs to be a lot more clear as to what devices and eBooks support what features specifically.
A couple of times that's happened to me, and I've deleted and redownloaded it and the settings have appeared. On the other hand, sometimes that has backfired and I've lost page numbers and/or a publisher font, when redownloaded. Anyway, just a thought.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote