View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Interesting - thanks for posting that.

Page 1 nicely illustrates my earlier comments about the deficiencies of Stanza's handling of alignment. In the iBooks rendering, as in the ADE reference rendering, the title is left justified, while the graphic in the middle of the page is centred. In Stanza, the title is centred, while the graphic is left justified (as are the graphics in all the remaining pages too).
This is an interesting point...

That title is decorated as follows:
div class=chapter
div class=titlepage
h1 class=title

The chapter class is not specified in the stylesheet, so we can just ignore it.

h1 is marked text-align: left
titlepage is marked text-align: center
title has no align marking.

titlepage is after h1 in the stylesheet.

Neither have id attributes.

so for h1:

(0, 0, 0,1)

for titlepage:

(0,0,1,0)

So by the rules of specificity for css, the h1 element's styling should not take precedence over the title class's styling.

Am I wrong in my calculations?

Last edited by nikkie; 06-19-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Corrected, and clarified terminology
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote